1. Once opened, bales should be fed within 3-5 days as haylage begins to deteriorate on exposure to air.
2. Do no over feed horses and ponies.
3. Always base the diet on forage first to ensure adequate fibre intake.
4. Feeding haylage reduces the amount of concentrates required. Some horses and ponies maintaining their weight on haylage/forage alone may not need any extra concentrates at all. However in winter a good vitamin/mineral supplement or low calorie forage balancer should be fed to ensure adequate mineral intake.
5. For horses needing extra condition then concentrates should be fed according to the manufacturers guidelines.
6. Free choice salt should always be available to horses and ponies.
You can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Or phone Arthur or Matt on 01590626252